Well it has happened. Kinley has officially broken her first bone. I am so devestated. If any of you are having a bad day don't worry I will make you feel like the best Mom in the world compared to this story. Don't get me wrong I knew that with having children usually comes some injuries along the way I just never expected this to be so heart wrenching. So the other day I put Kinley on our counter in the bathroom so I could cut her hair. Her hair is so brittle and it just falls out ( due to her very POOR eating habits) and I was sick of the mullet. Well i had just got done cutting her hair and turned around for one second to throw it away and there she went falling head first onto our tile floor. I was FREAKING out. I was crying and I was totally scared to death. All my training as a nurse totally went out the window when it was my baby who was hurt. I called the doctors and they told me that I should just watch her. She didn't even have a red mark on her head at all. The only thing I noticed was she was slightly holding her right arm, but it looked normal and she was moving it and using it just fine. For the next 2 1/2 hours I just layed there in bed watching her every move and breath. ( she fell asleep after I held her for awhile) Well after her long nap she woke up and acted like nothing had happened. So I thought that was close I learned my lesson and thought it was the end of it. The next day we were coming in our house after shopping and Kinley decided that for whatever reason she wanted to play with the rake in the garage. So I told her to put it back that it was Daddys' toy and she could get hurt. Well she threw it down and then of course tripped on it. When she got up she was crying and holding her arm. Now I should have known then that something was wrong but then she just got up and ran off playing again. She never compalined once until 1 1/2 weeks later and Ryan went to put her coat on last Friday night and she starting to really cry when he touched her arm. She wouldn't move it or anything so we immediately took her to the instacare and sure enough it was broken. Ask me how awefull I felt realizing her arm had been broken for 1 1/2 weeks and I didn't even know it. The doctor was nice, but also try to explain how she fell twice in two days and it was over a week ago before I brought her in. I felt so bad!!!! She is one tuff girly. We even had family staying with us and we were all so shocked that she didn't even show any signs at all previously that it was bothering her. They splinted it that night and told us to get it casted next week. This poor girl had been to the doctors every other day that week for her eating problem, swine flu shot, and now a broken arm. Sorry for the long story but it was a very traumatic event for us. We of course took her to get french fries afterwards and in the above picture she was saying to me " It hurts". I know it totally breaks your heart doesn't it!!!!
Here she is with her new PINK cast. She even picked the color herself. I wonder why???
Here she is with her little sling that I made her. I felt so bad watching her try to hold up her arm. It was really weighing her down, so I made her this sling with some extra fabric I had. She LOVES it.
This is just a cute picture of before the broken arm. She had found a new place for her new sneakers. She is so creative. I love how if little ones see a hole they will for sure try to shove something in it. ( If you can't see she has her shoe laces in the little holes on the stroller handles.)

5 comments:
aww! natalie! don't feel bad. every mother has a story like that. (did you see my recent post about griff getting stitches?) it makes you feel like a bad mom in the moment but then you realize, 'i love this little kid more than anything in the world and i'm doing my best'.
that sling picture is the cutest little thing i've ever seen. she's just getting so big!
Don't feel too bad, Nat. Sean feel out of a shopping cart 2x on two different occasions right on his head! Of course, I try to justify myself by saying I told him to sit down or he would fall out...but I know I should've buckled him in. It happens to all of us.
Her sling is adorable!
I love the scowl in the first picture and the cute pink cast. Don't worry...Rea fell down the stairs at least 3 times. The first time I cried for hours and wouldn't put her down :) All moms are "bad" at one time or another!!
Holy COW! Poor Kinley! That sling is adorable though.
Don't feel bad. When I was ten, I had a broken arm for a couple of days too, before my mom brought me in!
first of all - if my kids ever break anything - will you make me a sling??? that thing is adorable. Second - it really does happen all the time that kids break things and you don't know for awhile. My little second cousin broke his leg - about a week before his parents found out . . . kids are just so tough. God makes them that way to make up for the inexperience that is parenthood.
Post a Comment