Friday, September 24, 2010

Gracie Natalie Oustrich


Monday morning Sept. 20th we headed out to the hospital at 7 am to meet our new little one. I was scheduled for an induction and was scared to death! I am sure not everyone will want to read this but I want to remember it. We got there at 7 am and by 7:30 they had my pitocin running. Dr. Watabe came in and checked me and I was dilated to a 3 and he tried to brake my water. Well little baby tried to shake his hand so he quickly stopped in hopes that baby would move her hand and we could continue without a c-section. Then she started to have some late decelerations and they almost did a c-section then. Well around 1:30 pm she was playing nice and had moved her had and got into a position that was not hard on her heart rate. Dr. Watabe came in and really broke my water. At 3 pm I told Ryan I think I am feeling some pressure, but I didn't want to call my nurse and be embarrased if I was only like a 6 or something so I just waited. By 3;20 I called my nurse and she came right in and told me I was at a 10 and ready to go. Dr. Watabe was just sitting at the desk so he came right in and within 2 pushes Gracie was here. Funny side note- I was so scared to push that when they were setting everything up my nurse looked over and asked me if i was a little nervous because my heart rate was like 106 or something. I laughed but in all reality I was terrified! I was so so so happy she decided to just come meet me quickly and not punish me to much like Kinley did :) It was an absolutley great day. I just slept all day long and then woke up to push twice. I could not have asked for a better delivery and I now have the sweetest little one ever!


Gracie weighing in at 7 lbs. 1 oz. and 18 1/2 inches long. She is kind of a shorty :)


This moment was by far one of my favorite moments of all time! I got to hold her within minutes and she just calmed right down and we had a good cuddle moment! I was so in love I could not believe it.

Proud Daddy! This was the first time Ryan got to hold Gracie. I think we were both in shock she came so fast!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie B. said...

Natalie!! I am so glad you posted this. It was exactly what I wanted to hear. 2 PUSHES!!! Yay!!

She is adorable. I can't wait to see her in person!

Lyndee W. said...

Um...hello!? You look fabulous after just having a baby! I guess 2 pushes and no surgery helps. BTW...when I first read your docs name I thought it was "wannabe". LOL